Career Cruising Network (CC-Network) makes it possible for students to explore careers with guidance from volunteers in the business community (company personnel and independent professionals).
Approval to participate as a Career Cruising Network volunteer communicating with students via the Career Cruising Network system - the career message board, the company message board, Work-based Learning Activities, and/or the student messaging tool - is pending a national criminal background and sex offender registry check conducted using BackgroundChecks.com at the time of registration.
Ongoing participation is pending an annual sex offender registry check conducted using official state sex offender registry online databases. All criminal background and sex offender registry check results are confidential. Sex offender registrants attempting to register as a Career Cruising Network volunteer are subject to immediate law enforcement action pursuant to local, state, and federal laws.
Students, company contacts, and Career Cruising Network volunteers approved for student communication will not have any of their identifying personal information released by Career Cruising Network. Further, the following guidelines apply to all Career Cruising Network users:
1. Volunteers and students will only be identified by their nickname on all web portals.
2. All company and career message board communication by students and volunteers is visible to the Career Cruising Network Admin (Senior Director) and subject to immediate review.
3. All discussions and postings are public and can be viewed by any and all Career Cruising Network users.
4. Any inappropriate student submissions should be reported to the Career Cruising Network Admin using the “flag as inappropriate” box.
5. Company Contacts and Career Coaches are not to communicate with any student outside of the Career Cruising Network web portal.
6. Career networking activities requiring interaction outside of the Career Cruising Network web portal is limited only to CC-Network volunteers approved to provide Work-based Learning Activities and all interactions must be established through the CC-Network work-based learning activity system.
7. You must comply with all school and local requirements relative to meeting or work activities involving students. Contact the school counselor to obtain this information.
Career Cruising Network understands that ultimately students are responsible for their own future. All parties involved understand that any information given is personal experience or opinion and is not meant to exclude exploration of any other possibilities or guarantee a specific outcome.
By completing the Career Cruising Network Volunteer Registration Form:
- I give permission and my consent for the Career Cruising Network Admin to perform a national criminal background and sex offender registry check
- I confirm the information entered is my own and is identifiable to me
- I understand the Career Cruising Network Admin may need to request additional information required to complete the registration process
- I agree and abide by these terms and conditions set out herein